Requirements/ Guidelines for
& Workshop Application
Read the instructions and click the button below to start your application
- To attend the workshop submit your entry in the online competition. If you are selected among the top entries you will be invited to attend the workshop.
- Each applicant for the competition must upload 3 photographs on the theme “the elegance of the African people”.
- Each work must be labelled with the artist’s name, date, title and Days of Dorcas.
- All photographs must have a resolution of 72 dpi with dimension not larger than 1200 X 1800 pixels.
- All materials (texts and photographs) should be added to the application form for the competition.
- Each applicant is expected to include a Motivation statement in their competition entry of not more than 300 words of why they want to attend.
- Applicants whose entries are eligible for the competition will be notified via email within 2 working days.
- The application for the competition will account for 40% of the total score used to determine the winner of the online competition.
- All applicants with eligible entries will be contacted to register for the Art635 gallery (if they are not already artists in the gallery) to participate in the competition
- Once registration for the Art635 gallery is complete, emails will be sent to participants that registered.
- Once registration for the Art635 gallery is complete, entry for the online competition is now validated.
- Among the eligible applicants the top 25 will be shortlisted and invited for the workshop.
- The workshop attendants will be sent an information pack email with more instructions.
- Workshop attendants will attend the workshop were the winners of the online competition will be decided on the last day.
Please Note (Terms & Conditions)
- No entry fee is required to apply and participate.
- Workshop participants will be selected from the top 25 entries of the online competition.
- Online Competition is open to photographers across Africa that will be able to attend the workshop in Lagos, Nigeria from Monday the 28th of May 2018 to Saturday the 2nd June 2018.
- Upon acceptance to attend the workshop, GTBank and Art635 will not be responsible for the lodging and transportation of participants before, during and after the workshop.
- Photographs taken with smartphone cameras are also acceptable for submission as entries.
- The winners of the online competition will be announced on the last day of the workshop.
- By submitting your entry, you agree that if you are shortlisted to attend the workshop, the photograph submitted by you, with or without your name included, can be used for any lawful purpose including for example such purposes as publicity, illustration, advertising and web content related to the GTBank Art635 photography competition and workshop.
- Shortlisted workshop participants will receive an information PDF pack in their confirmation email.
- This call for submission of applications is opened from the Monday 23rd April 2018 – Thursday 17th May 2018.
- Any Female Photographer between ages 18-39 years of age can apply.
- Interested participants must submit their original work; photographers must have the full rights to use their submitted work.
- Interested participants must be able to attend the workshop in Lagos Nigeria.
- Incomplete applications/submissions that do not meet the aforementioned requirements and conditions will not be accepted.
- Shortlisted entrys from workshop participants may be used for art635 promotional materials, please ensure you upload a model release form with valid ID card for each model or 3rd party individual that will be appearing in your entry application.
- All Model release forms and valid IDs should be scanned and joined into one single pdf/doc document for upload during the application process