Days of Dorcas
Photography Competition and Workshop
A call for African female photographers
Are you a Female Photographer?
Participate in the Days of Dorcas photography competition and stand a chance to win free prizes and attend a workshop with leading African photographers. Registration for the competition is free and workshop attendees will be shortlisted from the top 25 entries of the online competition.
Yetunde Ayeni BabaEko
Canon EOS 80D DSLR camera + a Canon EF-S 35mm f/2.8 Macro IS STM Lens + a Canon Backpack BP10
1st Runner Up
Canon EF-S 35mm f/2.8 Macro IS STM Lens + a Canon Backpack BP10
Other Prizes/ Opportunities
- All workshop participants will receive certificates of attendance and be noted as finalists of the 2018 GTBank art635 Gallery Days of Dorcas photography workshop.
- All workshop participants will be included in an Exhibition organised by the Art635 gallery.
- All workshop participants will receive mentorship from the facilitators of the Days of Dorcas workshop.
- All workshop participants will be offered all the opportunities available to artists of the GTBank Art635 gallery.
Workshop Topics to be covered
- The best use of existing conditions and the art of mastering low, mid and high tones.
- Principles of visual storytelling/photo essay.
- Understanding exposure and making exposure decisions.
- How lighting directions affect images.
- LINES: (A) Exploring the association of lines (B) Analyzing lines (C) Forming lines.
- CROPPING: Altering and changing the content.